Team Leader, Materials (2nd Shift, 2PM-12:30AM)SPRINGFIELD
REPORTS TO: Unit Leader
A Lead Team Leader is a member of the Plant’s management team, and is expected to participate in and support management directed activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Assumes responsibilities of the Unit Leader should the Unit Leader be absent from the work area or facility. Maintains all operations within a specified area including , training employees, leading area safety, meeting area quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, proactively coordinating material staging and flow, increasing area productivity, identifying employee issues and communicating them to supervisor in a timely manner, reducing employee turnover and assuring area preparedness. Must lead by example in all areas above and must effectively communicate with employees both within and outside of the given area. Must lead by example with above average attendance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fosters atmosphere of open communication with employees within designated area and leads the area employees by providing constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements and maintains employee morale at a high level.
• Ensure smooth transition and accurate use of parts for all changeovers..
• Supports all “sock drawer and 5s” activities and maintain these disciplines in the work areas to ensure area housekeeping meets company standards and minimize the build up of any extra parts in the work area.
• Assures all needed equipment is in the area for the employees and the equipment is ready for the following shift each day.
• Seeks all available resources to support area activities and assists employees in a timely manner.
• Monitors and maintains and communicates all production issues and employee related issues and seeks supervisor support on all issues that are critical.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years of Electrolux experience
• One year Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes, or three years previous supervisory experience in a related field.
• Above average attendance record in previous positions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties.