A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Electrolux Technical Apprentice Program (Tech Scholars) allows second year students from community colleges or third trimester technical certificate program students to attend class full-time at a local educational institution while working part-time at Electrolux. The objectives are to allow students to further their education and gain relevant technical experience in a manufacturing environment. This is a two-semester program. (Fall & Spring academic terms). Scholars will have the opportunity to apply skills and knowledge acquired during school and training in the plant.
The following principles apply:
- Safety is top priority at Electrolux. Scholars will learn safety policies and practices and will always be expected to comply with those policies and practices.
- Scholars may rotate between departments/areas at management’s discretion. Areas may include, and are not limited to, maintenance, process technology, tooling, automation, and/or other areas as assigned.
- Training and hands-on experience are the priorities of the on-the-job training (OJT) phase. Scholars will be responsible for recording their daily OJT experiences in a logbook and submit a monthly OJT report to the Training Facilitator.
- Scholars will meet weekly with the Training Facilitator to ensure objectives are on target for successful completion of the program
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Must maintain full time student status (12 credit hours minimum for Community College, full-time clock hours for Technical College) and commitment to attend school year-round.
- Must be enrolled in a manufacturing related area of study (Mechatronics, Industrial/Electronic Maintenance, Industrial Electronics, Tooling)
- Community College students must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours to be considered (i.e., rising 2nd year students in good standing), maintaining a minimum 2.75 grade point average. (include your unofficial transcript with your application)
- Technical College students must be in, or have completed, their third trimester to be considered (i.e., more than halfway through the program, in good standing).
- Commit to working 20 hours per week at Electrolux throughout the program
- Participate in Electrolux training, as required
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.