Technica Project Leader
Technical Project Leader
Position ID: req18691
Sector: Consumer Experience Organization
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Shanghai, China
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: EO Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Apply By: 2 Sep, 2019
To be technical responsible in the project reporting to the Project Manager. Leading a team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in projects within New Product Development (NPD) organization of HC&SDA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical project leader role includes bringing the technical specification based on consumer needs from Marketing/TAM and to combine that with the industrial design needs into a cost efficient product easy to produce and with the right quality. To do this technical project leader needs to cooperate closely with Project Manager, Tech & Lab, IDC, Marketing, Tooling Team and other project functions.
As a technical project leader – your main responsibilities are:
· Plan and follow up on engineering activities. (Time and resource plans, product cost, action plans, system description etc.)
· Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager. Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager.
· Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product.(Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (IDC, Marketing, Sourcing, Production,etc.)) and agreed with Technical project leader.
· Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
· Lead, plan and delegate the engineering work within the engineering project team.
· Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
· Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
· Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
· Place external orders such as prototypes etc. after approval from Project Manager or concerned cost center owner.
· Check and certify invoices.
· Order over-time after approval from Engineering Manager.
· Approve technical documentation and archive them in correct way.
· Support Marketing, IDC, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Bachelor degree in Engineering
· Experience with developing consumer goods.
· Around 8 years engineering experience.
· Knowledge of product development standards and processes.
· CAD knowledge
· Interpersonal skills
· Deciding and initiating action.
· Relating and networking.
· Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
· Coping with pressure and setbacks.
· Persuading and influencing.
· Applying expertise and technology.
· Working with people
· Fluent English skills in both spoken and written
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
SECTOR DESCRIPTIONElectrolux has market-leading positions in Australia and New Zealand and is expanding into growth markets in Southeast Asia and China. With a history that spans over 90 years of Swedish design innovation, Electrolux continues to offer contemporary and thoughtfully designed appliances that cater to the expanding middle-class in these growth markets.