Technical Project Leader
Imagine what you could do where we’re making the world a better place.
WHO YOU ARE
To be technical responsible in the project reporting to the Project Manager. Leading a team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in projects within New Product Development (NPD) organization of HC&SDA.
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY
The Technical project leader role includes bringing the technical specification based on consumer needs from Marketing/TAM and to combine that with the industrial design needs into a cost efficient product easy to produce and with the right quality. To do this technical project leader needs to cooperate closely with Project Manager, Tech & Lab, IDC, Marketing, Tooling Team and other project functions.
As a technical project leader – your main responsibilities are:
• Plan and follow up on engineering activities. (Time and resource plans, product cost, action plans, system description etc.)
• Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager. Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager.
• Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product.(Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (IDC, Marketing, Sourcing, Production,etc.)) and agreed with Technical project leader.
• Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
• Lead, plan and delegate the engineering work within the engineering project team.
• Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
• Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
• Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
• Place external orders such as prototypes etc. after approval from Project Manager or concerned cost center owner.
• Check and certify invoices.
• Order over-time after approval from Engineering Manager.
• Approve technical documentation and archive them in correct way.
• Support Marketing, IDC, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Experience with developing consumer goods.
• Around 8 years engineering experience.
• Knowledge of product development standards and processes.
• CAD knowledge
• Interpersonal skills
• Deciding and initiating action.
• Relating and networking.
• Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
• Coping with pressure and setbacks.
• Persuading and influencing.
• Applying expertise and technology.
• Working with people
• Fluent English skills in both spoken and written