Technical Project Leader
Position ID: req18501
Sector: Consumer Experience Organization
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Shanghai, China
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: EO Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Apply By: 1 Sept, 2019
In a project team of several engineers/consultants the Sr. Development Engineer Contributes with experience and acts as role model for more junior engineers.
The Sr. Development Engineer role includes creating innovative, verified technical solutions for new products.
To do this as a Sr. Development Engineer there is a great need to be in close cooperation with Development Leader, Tech & Lab, Tooling Team and other functions. In the Engineering role the skills in CAD (Catia V5) and designing plastic parts for molding is very important.
As a Sr. Development Engineer – your main responsibilities are:
• Report progress, risks and deviation to plans to the Development Leader.
• Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product.
Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (IDC, Marketing, Sourcing, Production,etc.) and agreed with Development Leader.
• Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
• Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
• Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
• Support Marketing, IDC, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
• Work on special assignments without Development Leader to deliver a given task.
Additional responsibilities outside of standard job responsibilities
Competences needed (Education / Experience / Skills / Competencies / Languages)
Education & Career Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Experience with developing consumer goods.
• 3~5 years Engineering experience
Technical Skills :
• General technical understanding (same as previous).
• CAD knowledge.
• Interpersonal skills
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Good English skills in both spoken and written
Soft Competencies :
• Working with people.
• Applying expertise and technology.
• Learning and researching.
• Creating and innovating.
• Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
• Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
Other Requirements :
Prepared to travel domestic and international
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
Electrolux has market-leading positions in Australia and New Zealand and is expanding into growth markets in Southeast Asia and China. With a history that spans over 90 years of Swedish design innovation, Electrolux continues to offer contemporary and thoughtfully designed appliances that cater to the expanding middle-class in these growth markets.