Technical Project Leader
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
Electrolux Product Development Food Preservation Global Technology presents:
Technical Project Leader
Take the technical ownership of Cooling System parts from design, process and technology standpoints.
Be the interface with R&D Architectures, Manufacturing Engineering, Model Workshop, Thermodynamic Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Global Purchasing.
In this position you will participate in the development of the Global Cooling System strategy ensuring that the European market is represented and aligned. This includes the development of new technology “module” refrigeration cooling system projects and component validation process ensuring only validated components are installed into essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers.
YOUR REGULAR DAY AT WORK will include the following duties and responsibilities:
• Support European New Product Development by providing validated compressors along with engineering print releases;
• Create, release and maintain all European drawings and component approval reports;
• Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be completed with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations;
• Participate in competitive teardowns to map and communicate the state of the market as it relates to compressors and cooling system technologies;
• Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized designs;
• Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage;
• Utilize Electrolux cooling system energy tool simulation to determine results and best path forward;
• Direct the support of supplier relationships providing the right level of technical support to meet the needs of all European projects requiring new cooling system development;
• Team worker. You work with others having strong verbal and written communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• Proactive. You build productive relationships within and outside of own team.
• Relationship builder. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
• Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills with a focus on continuous improvement;
• High emotional intelligence required to interact with suppliers to deliver technical requirements to the supply base while having access to sensitive company information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related technical field with four or more years of related experience; preferably thermodynamic engineering, simulation
• Strong related project management leadership experience;
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from different groups of managers and employees;
• Proficiency with computer and PC software such as spreadsheets (Microsoft excel), word processing (Microsoft Word), graphics, and presentations (Microsoft Power point);
• Experience interacting and/or leading projects within a global matrixed structure;
• Advanced degree in engineering, business, project management or related field;
• Comprehensive understanding of both refrigeration sealed system components as well as their interaction within the whole system.
Kindly provide your CV in English.