Technical Project Leader
Position: Technical Project Leader
To be technical responsible for product development and lifecycle. Leading a cross functional team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in projects within organization of SDA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical project leader role includes bringing the technical specification based on consumer needs from Marketing/TAM and to combine that with the industrial design needs into a cost efficient product easy to produce and with the right quality. To do this technical project leader needs to cooperate closely with Project Manager, Tech & Lab, IDC, Marketing, Tooling Team and other project functions.
As a technical project leader – your main responsibilities are:
· Plan and follow up on engineering activities. (Time and resource plans, product cost, action plans, system description etc.)
· Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager. Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager.
· Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product.(Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (IDC, Marketing, Sourcing, Production,etc.)) and agreed with Technical project leader.
· Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
· Lead, plan and delegate the engineering work within the engineering project team.
· Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
· Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
· Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
· Place external orders such as prototypes etc. after approval from Project Manager or concerned cost center owner.
· Check and certify invoices.
· Order over-time after approval from Engineering Manager.
· Approve technical documentation and archive them in correct way.
· Support Marketing, IDC, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Bachelor degree in Engineering
· Experience with developing consumer goods.
Blender, Steam Iron, Cooker, Kitchen Machine electrothermal appliance experience are highly preferred, such as oven, toaster, slow cooker or similar appliance.
· Around 8 years engineering experience.
· Knowledge of product development standards and processes.
· Knowledge of metal forming and molding is preferred.
· Knowledge of interation standard requirement is preferred, such as safety ; food grade,
· CAD knowledge. Catia is preferred.
· Interpersonal skills
· Deciding and initiating action.
· Relating and networking.
· Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
· Coping with pressure and setbacks.
· Persuading and influencing.
· Applying expertise and technology.
· Working with people
· Fluent English skills in both spoken and written