Technical Project Leader
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Technical Project Leader will support project management from the technical point of view from planning until production start. This person will report to the CXCA DC Architecture Leader.
- Provide team direction and take lead to react when unexpected design performances or bugs occurs.
- Performing design reviews, manage prototypes, and review test results and simulations.
- Ensure R&D team members interface with purchasing, design, quality, manufacturing, certification, and patent teams to ensure the new design performs from: manufacturability, cost, quality (consumer review) and cost point of view.
- Mentoring team members to improve and progress in their technical journey.
- Ensure that component interfaces and mating systems work properly.
- Drive and manage subsystem project developments with internal and external suppliers.
- Ensuring R&D deliverables for Check Point reviews.
- Identifies and supports standardization by ensuring that new developments fit into the platform and subsystem structure.
- Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. Leads interaction with cross-functional teams, external bodies, and universities.
- Acts as a technical reference for one region or into a wider team internationally.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical engineering degree (Master’s degree and/or specialization degree is a plus).
- 7 to 10 years of experience in projects management with demonstrated technical leadership ideally in the following fields: hydraulic, thermodynamic, and electromechanical systems.
- Proved experience on injection moulded and/or metal stamped component design.
- Proficient on data management PLM system (Teamcenter is a plus).
- Knowledge of simulations tools for FEA, CFD, metal stamping, injection molding, and design for assembly/manufacturing.
- Knowledge 2D/3D tools for design development @ system level (Catia is a plus).
- Experience in hydraulic, thermodynamic, and electromechanical systems developments.
- English required. Spanish a plus.
- Occasional travel required.