Technical Project Leader
Business Unit - R&D
Reports To – Product Architecture Manager
In new project development the Technical Project Leader is functional reporting to the Project Manager. The Technical Project Leader is to work with supplier, quality and functional teams and to Leading a team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in projects within New Product Development (NPD) organization of Floorcare R&D. The Technical Project Leader is also able to work on special assignments to deliver a given task when required.
In product care project the Technical Project Leader is functional reporting to the Product Architecture Manager. The Technical Project Leader is to work with supplier, quality and functional teams to optimize the existing MP products with the right cost and quality in projects within Product Care (PC) organization of Floorcare R&D. The Technical Project Leader is also able to work on special assignments to deliver a given task when required.
To present Technical part at Technical Review meeting.
A Typical Day
The Technical project leader role includes bringing the technical specification based on consumer needs from Marketing/PTM and to combine that with the industrial design needs into a cost-efficient product easy to produce and with the right quality. To do this technical project leader needs to cooperate closely with Project Manager, Quality, Tech & Lab, ID, Marketing, Tooling Team and other project functions.
As a Technical Project Leader – your main responsibilities are:
· Plan and follow up on engineering activities. (Time and resource plans, product cost, action plans, system description etc.)
· Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager. Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager.
· Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product. Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (SDL, Quality, EmT, supplier, etc.) and agreed with PM or PA manager.
· Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
· Lead, plan and delegate the engineering work within the engineering project team.
· Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
· Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
· Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
· Place external orders such as prototypes etc. after approval from Project Manager or concerned cost center owner.
· Check and certify invoices.
· Approve technical documentation and archive them in correct way.
· Support Marketing, IDC, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
Who You Are
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or other related.
Experience with developing production assessments.
8+ years Product development experience
General technical understanding (same as previous).
Small appliance knowledge
Fluent in Mandarin
Good English skills in both spoken and written
· Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Strong product development knowledge and experience, Floorcare knowledge is preferred.
· Working with people, good communication skill.
· Applying expertise and technology.
· Learning and researching.
· Creating and innovating.
· Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
· Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
· Take initiative