Technical Project Leader Cooling System
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Technical Project Leader - Cooling System
Take the technical ownership of Cooling System modules and components design and application into refrigeration products.
Be the interface with R&D Categories, Model Workshop, Laboratories, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Product Care Teams.
In this position you will participate in the development of the Global Cooling System strategy ensuring that the European market is represented and aligned. This includes the development of new technology module refrigeration cooling system projects and component validation process ensuring only validated components are installed into essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers.
A TYPICAL DAY
On a typical day at work your responsibilities will include the following:
• Responsible for the application of components and subsystems in an assigned product project and/or the development of a new recommended solution for the domain;
• Lead components/modules design for the project (new variants) following released guidelines, in cooperation with System Engineering;
• Lead internal and cross functional design reviews for components/modules;
• Application of DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly, Automation);
• Interact with R&D Category Project Management and Development teams, Laboratories, System Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering;
• Lead DFMEA for components/modules;
• Interaction with Domain Experts to elaborate Risk Assessment for module/components and applications into Products;
• Lead 3D models, 2D drawings creation and Parts Approval process;
• Monitor Fully Functional Prototypes building, Design Verification Trials and Manufacturing Verification Trials collecting structured technical feedback on components/modules;
• Support quality improvement initiatives;
• Attend conferences and visit exhibitions;
• Monitor the evolution of Cooling System for Household Refrigerators, Freezers.
• Monitor the evolution of new manufacturing technologies and metal surface treatments with manufacturers of machines and equipment;
WHO YOU ARE
• Team worker. You work with others having strong verbal and written communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• Proactive. You anticipate and address issues and challenges in an open way.
• Relationship builder. You can work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
• Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Structured approach to managing priorities, working in an organized way when under pressure.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum BSc in Mechanical/Thermodynamic Engineering
• Knowledge of 3D modelling/ 2D drawing
• Good Knowledge of Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer principles
• Basic Knowledge of metal working
• Ability to effectively present technical information and lead interaction with relevant stakeholders
• Computer literate – MS Office (Excel-good command)
Required Languages: Fluent English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.