Technical Project Manager
Business Unit – CXO
Reports To – SDA PA Manager
Your Team/Your Role
To be technical responsible for product development and lifecycle. Leading a cross functional team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in projects within organization of SDA.
A Typical Day
The Technical project Manager role includes bringing the technical specification based on consumer needs from Marketing/TAM and to combine that with the industrial design needs into a cost-efficient product easy to produce and with the right quality. To do this technical project leader needs to cooperate closely with Project Manager, Tech & Lab, ID, Marketing, Tooling Team and other project functions.
As a technical project leader – your main responsibilities are:
· Plan and follow up on engineering activities. (Time and resource plans, product cost, action plans, system description etc.)
· Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager. Report progress, risks and deviation from project plan to the Project Manager.
· Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product. Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input (IDC, Marketing, Sourcing, Production,etc.)) and agreed with PM and PA manager.
· Assure that appropriate activities are performed according to PMF gate.
· Lead, plan and delegate the engineering work within the engineering project team.
· Creation of technical documentation (Team Center, 3D/2D/specifications, etc.) and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions.
· Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
· Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement actions to fulfill specifications.
· Place external orders such as prototypes etc. after approval from Project Manager or concerned cost center owner.
· Check and certify invoices.
· Order over-time after approval from Engineering Manager.
· Approve technical documentation and archive them in correct way.
· Support Marketing, ID, Production/supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and other functions involved in the project with product know-how.
Who You Are
· Bachelor degree in Engineering
· Experience with developing consumer goods. Blender, Steam Iron, Cooker, Kitchen Machine are highly preferred.
· More than 10 years engineering experience.
· Excellent knowledge of product development standards and processes.
· CAD knowledge. Catia is preferred.
· Interpersonal skills
· Deciding and initiating action.
· Relating and networking.
· Delivering result and meeting customer expectations.
· Coping with pressure and setbacks.
· Persuading and influencing.
· Applying expertise and technology.
· Working with people.
· Fluent English skills in both spoken and written.