Technical Specialist II
Consumer & Customer Care
This position of Appliance Technical Specialist III (ATS3) is responsible for supporting the operations of the
technical support team by playing a critical role in the after-sale support service strategy. The ATS3 must
model the company’s core values of: passion for innovation, customer obsession, and drive for results while
honoring other important elements of our corporate culture, including respect and diversity, ethics and integrity,
and safety and sustainability.The ATS3 will be responsible for providing appliance repair solutions, over –the–phone diagnosis service and specific warranty information on all products to independent service providers and/or self-servicing retail customers. This position will be viewed throughout the Customer Engagement Center as a subject-matterexpert in product knowledge and repair
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high quality and timely appliance repair solutions on all products and brands via over the phone
diagnosis from inbound calls—including calls from dissatisfied callers
- Interact with service technicians providing technical diagnostic tools for aid in proper repair and
warranty spend reduction
- Provide continuity to Product Lines and Manufacturing on quality issues and technical feedback
- Provide insight to leadership on opportunities to help strengthen our Parts Distribution network, Contact Center, and various other Customer Engagement Center teams
- Take ownership of each call by selecting the accurate path of resolution, providing accurate information,
and exhausting all resolution options. Includes outbound follow-up calls when needed
- Document all contacts, courses of action, and resolutions for each call in SAP
- Be at work when scheduled and be available to take calls at scheduled times
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Five years’ experience in refrigeration repair, experience in additional product lines is a plus
- Two years “in-home” refrigeration/appliance repair experience
- Two year degree or some college with relevant work experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strategic and tactical; able to see big picture and implications of tactics.
- Superior interpersonal skills and effective in developing and motivating teams to achieve top
- Ability to capture voice of employee to design a superior work environment leading to superior levels of
- Demonstrated success in customer service, service support, and best practices.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience and work ethic.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking. Strong initiative and
- Possess strong decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to
detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated customer obsession resulting in the ability to meet and exceed consumer needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Successfully navigates through ambiguity and change
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
- Career ambitious
- Exceptional level of integrity and judgment
- Experience with SAP, Service Power, IPL, Avaya phone systems a plus