Technical Specialist III
Consumer & Customer Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This position of Appliance Technical Specialist III (ATS3) is responsible for supporting the operations of the technical support team by playing a critical role in the after-sale support service strategy. The ATS3 must model the company’s core values of: passion for innovation, customer obsession, and drive for results while honoring other important elements of our corporate culture, including respect and diversity, ethics and integrity, and safety and sustainability. The ATS3 will be responsible for providing appliance repair solutions, over –the–phone diagnosis service and specific warranty information on all products to independent service providers and/or self-servicing retail customers. This position will be viewed throughout the Customer Engagement Center as a subject-matter-expert in product knowledge and repair.
- Provide high quality and timely appliance repair solutions on all products and brands via over the phone diagnosis from inbound calls—including calls from dissatisfied callers
- Interact with service technicians providing technical diagnostic tools for aid in proper repair and warranty spend reduction
- Provide continuity to Product Lines and Manufacturing on quality issues and technical feedback
- Provide insight to leadership on opportunities to help strengthen our Parts Distribution network, Contact Center, and various other Customer Engagement Center teams
- Take ownership of each call by selecting the accurate path of resolution, providing accurate information, and exhausting all resolution options. Includes outbound follow-up calls when needed
- Document all contacts, courses of action, and resolutions for each call in SAP
- Be at work when scheduled and be available to take calls at scheduled times
- Adhere to policies and procedures
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Five years’ experience in refrigeration repair, experience in additional product lines is a plus
- Two years “in-home” refrigeration/appliance repair experience
- Two-year degree or some college with relevant work experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to capture voice of employee to design a superior work environment leading to superior levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated success in customer service, service support, and best practices.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience and work ethic.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
- Experience with SAP, Service Power, IPL, Avaya phone systems a plus