Technical Support & Training Specialist
Create solutions that change how we change lives for the better.
As part of the Service Engineering (SE) function, the Support & Training team will deliver Industry best-in-class technical support and training solutions to the technical / service professional workforce (Metropolitan Service Agents, internally & externally, Authorised Service Centres and Service Leaders), via phone, face to face training, e-Learning and other digital means across Australia.
With an unwavering commitment to the consumer; meeting Customer Experience (CEX) to ensure an exceptional experience, and other relevant targets set, is essential. You will actively seek to close critical gaps to ensure you are able to meet Service Engineering key operational & strategic deliverables.
A Typical Day
You will provide optimal customer service through the prompt answering of enquiries received and address any additional areas as identified, effectively communicating information and solutions relating to problems encountered with EHP products. Where required, you will coordinate product exchanges or returns.
As products enter the market and existing products change, you will ensure your knowledge is up to date via training, engineering bulletins and other available means. You will maintain and reference the technical knowledge database, to facilitate effective self-service wherever possible.
You will collaborate within the Function and Service Leader/teams, swiftly highlighting and/or reporting to address potential or repeat issues and trends, escalating as needed to enable adequate awareness/sponsorship and optimum response planning.
As a part of the Support & Training team, you will partner with the Serviceability team, making them immediately aware of any enquiries where relevant reference and/or training materials are not readily available, to enable the relevant solution to be created and shared. Further, you will highlight requirements & opportunities to adjust and/or improve current materials in circulation.
You will liaise with other stakeholders to determine the requirements for technical training on both new and current Electrolux products, then compile and collate appropriate information to create best-in-class training packages for E-Learning and face to face delivery across Australia (and sharing with New Zealand).
This role requires flexibility to deliver required technical support and training services, generally Monday – Friday. Outside of the normal pattern of work, this role may involve some travel, predominantly intrastate or interstate, with an infrequent requirement to travel internationally.
Who You Are
· Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex feedback, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
· Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
· Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
· Customer focused - You understand and empathise with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
· Expert - You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it (but open to learning more) and how you can enable & support people to understand and achieve more.
· Problem-Solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
· Results-driven - You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
· A self-starter - You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
· Positive influencer – You are capable of influencing service professionals regarding service delivery, consumer expectations and labour rates, as set by EHP
Technical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Cert III in Appliance Service, Diploma of Electronics/Electrical or Cert III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
· Minimum 5 years ‘fault finding’ experience in appliance, IT or other relevant service industry
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Current licences required for the assigned Industry (i.e. electrical, gas, air conditioning/refrigeration etc.)
· Technical training experience or a Cert IV in Training and Assessment
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely