Technical Writer II
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for the research, writing, layout, editing and revision of user's manuals, installation guides, quick start guides, labels and other instructional materials. You will be the direct technical illustrator in planning the presentation of illustrations, graphics and photographs. You will create simple illustrations and make minor modifications to existing illustrations and graphics. You will provide EMA team members, customers, and owners with accurate product information by uploading consumer literature to the EMA-NA web site and ensure all consumer communications and visuals align with Visual Brand Identities
- In accordance with factory, product line, marketing and publications group production schedules, produce use and care guides and other consumer literature and point of purchase products, as assigned by manager.
- Maintain existing consumer product literature as required, with limited supervision.
- Deliver all assigned literature projects to customers or suppliers with appropriate lead time for production, as assigned by manager.
- Research and acquisition of detailed product information from cross-disciplines such as R&D engineering, product line and marketing, consumer science lab, consumer agencies, company legal teams, customers, and other groups as needed.
- When feasible, cross train on products outside area of primary responsibility, and in related areas such as Catia, Teamcenter, and EPM Gate.
- Assist marketing teams on multi-media projects that support the post purchase journey specific to education and instruction of products, accessories and consumables
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA or BS Degree (transcripts required in a writing or communications discipline and/or applicable technical communications field)
- 3-5 years technical writing experience preparing consumer oriented instructional material or technical service manuals
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker or desktop publishing/CMS tools/software, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and PowerPoint (Experience using a drawing/graphics tool such as Adobe Illustrator is a plus)