Technician Routing Specialist
Consumer & Customer Care
This position is responsible for creating and monitoring daily work schedules and activity of the field service technicians. The Routing Specialist will constantly monitor computer screens that represent the daily work activity for the service technician with intention of ensuring all scheduled service calls are ran by the technicians each workday. The Routing Specialist is expected to communicate with technicians and dispatching agents and make necessary adjustments to the technician’s route to achieve the highest levels of customer service in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and improve the daily routes of field service technicians.
- Maintain productivity levels of the overall service organization.
- Eliminate broken promises to consumers by making sure every call is handled as scheduled
- Constantly communicate with field service technicians and customer service agents via telephone and messaging technology.
- Maintain and adjust daily work schedules of the field service technicians.
- Ensure service capacity meets or exceeds demand.
- Forecast call volume and adjust schedules accordingly.
- Direct service technicians to complete every assigned service call.
- Provide reports to leadership regarding activities of the field service technicians.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 2 years experience in service industry
- 2 years in dispatching or work assignment/foreman role
- 4 year degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Committed to providing superior levels of service to consumers.
- Sense of urgency and able to achieve assigned task completion within deadline requirements
- Must be comfortable in high stress environment and able to address multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Direct and assign work to field service technicians
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Able to interpret scheduling and work activity via Gantt Schedule
- Systems utilized: SAP-CRM, Service Power, and various company web sites
- Profound efficiency in writing, written and verbal communication.
- Must have strong verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Must be able to manage and measure performance of projects
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills