Technology & IP Strategy Director
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Global Connectivity & Technology plays a key role in delivering on Electrolux’s strategy and impacts all areas of the company’s business model. In collaboration with Business Areas, Functions and external partners, we actively develop connected appliances, related systems and core innovative technologies for the market.
Technology & IP Strategy Director – Stockholm (Sweden)
Electrolux Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) is looking for a dynamic, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed individual to work on Technology Strategy with a focus on Intellectual Property.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Manage Intellectual Property strategy definition and execution
• Support the definition of our Technology Strategy to secure strong Technology roadmaps
• Work with internal and external partners, R&D specialists and general management to develop and maintain a competitive IP portfolio
We offer a key role in a company that is going through a digital transformation and moving towards being a consumer-focused organization and we hope that you would like to join our journey towards a more connected society. We are accelerating digital transformation, which includes initiatives to change the traditional office environment to more collaborative yet independent ways of working
Intellectual property / Patents can be an extremely valuable asset for its owner, both in its own right and, in some cases, when bought, licensed, or sold to third parties. The Technology & IP Strategy Director is a specialist in this area, offering advice and guidance to other managers, staff and specialists, and helping to optimize the value to the organization of our own IP and IP belonging to third parties.
• Work with management to develop and oversee the company’s technology strategy with focus on intellectual property within Connectivity and Technology in order to secure strong Technology roadmaps and IP.
• Evaluate and define focus and strategy for IP within Connectivity and Technology.
• Define and implement IP value chain concepts.
• Working closely with internal legal and patent departments as well as with members of GC&T teams to facilitate the capture, documentation, of new ideas and concepts.
• Collaborate with project managers, R&D specialists, etc. to assure the desired IP position in our project portfolio.
• Coordination of work with colleagues and external partners.
• Evaluate commercial potential of inventions and recommend whether intellectual property protection should be sought.
• Provide information to external attorneys to assist in determining intellectual property patentability and to oversee adherence to application timeline.
• Develop appropriate commercialization strategies for intellectual property, including identifying prospective licensees , discussions with inventors, and contacts obtained through industry affiliation
•Encourage and support development, disclosure, protection, and exploitation of Electrolux intellectual property.
• Provide support to the intellectual property organization and maintain a portfolio of current patents.
• Oversee research on developments in IP and patent law and provides support in preparation and filing of patents.
A strategic thinker, able to look beyond immediate and obvious/narrow issues with a transformational business perspective
Network-oriented, capable of forming productive business relationships and leadership by influence
An inspiring leader with excellent negotiation skills
Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity and creativity
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to travel
Excellent interpersonal skills required
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously required
Ability to work independently
Self-motivated, action – oriented individual
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s/Master degree in Technology or related field e.g. Innovation management, technology management and 7-10 years of experience, including experience in intellectual property protection and commercializing of technology.
• Experience in Technology strategy and understanding of commercialization process.
• Experience from Telecommunication, Mobile or other relevant industry within IoT
• Legal and compliance experience: although we are not looking for a lawyer as such, legal training, qualifications and/or experience would be a plus, especially in relation to IP rights, copyright, patents, trademarks and designs
• General business management: it is important that the Technology & IP Strategy Director appreciates the value and purpose of both IP and compliance to the business, and the associated information risks
• Strong communicator and networker, through presentations, reports and meetings
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Proficient with IT tools
Contact person: Julia Sciuto