Thermodynamic Development Engineer
ENABLE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO EXPERIENCE THE GREATEST BENEFITS WITH OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) within the development team, along with different colleagues from different R&D labs and development teams.
We are looking for mechanical engineers who work on new projects or current production improvement, through the design and development stage, to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final manufacture and implementation.
• Thermodynamic design/selection of heat pump components, focusing on performance, cost and quality, according to platforms targets and constraints (technical specifications, feasibility, functionality, manufacturability, reliability)
• Analysis of innovative technical solutions with suppliers, laboratories, factories and other functions involved
• Create and validate mechanical system/module/components taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, quality, cost etc.)
• Support test manual definition for components/modules
• Develop designs & system and validate through calculation / simulation modelling (CAE, MBD) and prototype/experimental testing
• Participate in system/module/components definition and its reviews, ensuring standardization & modularization approach
• Support Thermodynamic Laboratories (internal ones and external partners) on test methodology definition and data post-processing of new solutions
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Support technical leader on project deliveries / documentation / planning / protos
• Ensure strong relationship with all functions in the organization
• Drive proper external networking
• Mechanical Engineering preferably with Thermodynamics/Energetics specialization
• Strong knowledge of thermodynamics, refrigerant circuits and psychometrics
• Experience with heat exchanger design and compressor selection
• Experience with thermodynamics lab activities (test setup and data post-processing) is a plus
• Aerodynamics fundamentals knowledge is a plus
• Management skills
• Analytical thinking
• Use of CATIAV5 and PLM(Teamcenter) is a plus
• IT Skills
• Advanced Prototype Building Knowledge
• Drafting/Modelling & Simulation Knowledge
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux Group: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/lifeatelectrolux
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.