Tool Crib Receiving Clerk -1st Shift
Tool crib receiving clerk receives and accounts for all incoming shipments;
count and verify contents, inspect for quality or damages, and check product
against purchase orders and invoices, works with colleagues in purchasing and
accounting to involve any quality or quantity discrepancies found in incoming
shipments, stocks shelves with incoming parts, maintain accurate records and
assist with inventory control. Assist with outgoing shipments and other tasks
as required. May operate hydraulic stacker or use hand truck to move, convey,
or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload and unpack shipments of products.
- Inspect shipments for damage and correct quantities.
- Report damages or shortages to the appropriate person.
- Match shipments to their associated purchase orders and enter receiving data on paperwork / computer system.
- Prepare and organize received stock for inventory.
- Return damaged products to senders.
- Monitor inventory levels.
- Printing, picking, and shipping all outbound orders.
- Maintain organized workspace, including all Electrolux owned inventory in the warehouse.
- Demonstrates and maintains a high degree of creativity, motivation, and influence in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally within the organization.
- Establish and builds strong working relationships with business leaders and your team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to and that work is conducted in a safe manner.
- To maintain good and co-operative relationships with colleagues involved in other aspects of the process or operations to promote strong teamwork and co-operation across the company to meet customer requirements.
- Move raw materials, components and finished goods to their assigned locations.
- Load and unload inbound and outbound freight, including verification of quantity and quality of all shipments.
- Ensure material movements are consistent with current procedures regarding proper identification and suitability for storage/shipment.
- Participate in all physical inventories.
- Perform cycle counts of various products, components and supplies, as needed.
- Stock and issue materials as needed.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner using all personal protective, safety equipment and devices that are required.
- Be actively involved in Continuous Improvement; promote and sustain all 5S and EMS activities.
- Contribute to a team effort.
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- Basic Office, Excel and keyboarding skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- At least 3 years of receiving and/ or shipping experience.
- Basic math and organization skills.
- Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds or more.
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Forklift certification is beneficial for unloading large shipments.
- Ability to work on feet for long hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of safety protocols and requirements.
- High School Degree or GED.
- Knowledge of personal computers and data entry required and must be comfortable with multiple operating systems and software applications.
- Flexibility in adapting to changes in tasks prioritization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize own workload.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to push carts full of material to appropriate stocking locations. The employee is required to stand and lift materials to shelves for stocking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.