Purchasing & Sourcing
offering a long-term, full-time position as Global
Transformation Metal Processing Engineer
We are looking forward to welcome in our team, a process leader able to go the extra mile and to lead his/her team, cross functional teams and suppliers in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs..
Interested in understanding the tooling, equipment and process around metal transformation in most efficient and productive form, in order to maximize cost structure, qualify, service and building baseline for continuous improvement.
If you are a communicator on all levels of organization, internal and external.
If you are capable to develop and take important business decisions
If you are ready skilled in tooling assessment and design
if you have excellent problem solving and prevention skills
If you are open minded and creative
If you are able to analyze and propose tooling solutions to optimize manufacturing
If you think you will be able to contribute to the success of our company
…. then this is the opportunity you were looking for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
experience is required to manage all aspects of outsourced tools that
manufacture components. Be responsible for all CAPEX tooling once it has been
approved and officially released to the assigned stamper. Main duties include
approval at conclusion of all new tooling that will be assigned to outsourced
stampers. Oversight of all outsourced tool efficiently and monitoring of
stamped parts through the various fabrication processes in accordance with our
finishing and final assembly requirements, ensuring all processes are properly
followed and quality levels are maintained or exceeded. Ensure a documented
qualified PM program is in place for all of Electrolux’s tools and verified
with Tool View software. Working with the engineering department schedule EC request
to completion. Implementation of budgetary targets to help maintain, refurbish
and replace if necessary outsourced tools. Duties will also include the
submitting of investment requests to support improvements in parts, tools or
equipment. Maintain constant contact and communication with all stampers as
well as the consuming customers to avoid any downtime occurrences due to tools
issues. Develop process for end
to end supply base simplification, supplier accountability (measured to
Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets)., and leading activities and
grant a successful development phase of the plans in Electrolux Major
Appliances, leading the relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
- Develop and drive the supplier strategy to support qualification of new parts/materials and cross qualify new supply sources
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver on the required productivity targets (identify and support Supplier
- Development opportunities, scrap reduction etc.)
- Ensure EMA launches new materials and components that are consistently manufactured with consistent conversion costs, raw material costs, etc.)
- Support supplier accountability meetings by evaluating them with respect to Quality, Delivery, Cost, Responsible sourcing and Technology targets
- Manage project timelines and values to support the overall goals for the purchasing organization
- Responsible and accountable for achievement of targets as defined by management and KPI’s
- Standardized all new outsourced tools based on Electrolux’s Press specifications
- Manage all outsourced dies to drive overall performance and execution.
- Improve first time quality of all stamped part components
- Participate buying of all assigned outsourced tools
- Increase overall stampers SPM productivity.
- Implement a die tracking and replacement program.
- Work with Stampers to implement Pre-Painted program
- Review roll form processes to replace progressive and manual dies
Among the different areas of responsibilities she/he will :
- Co-lead tooling design and development
- Create an environment where the whole Purchasing team is increasing its know how and competences
- Develop and drive the best sourcing strategy for this global category
- Ensure through Value-Based Sourcing the best quality , capacity , flexibility and cost solution achieved
- Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into the Electrolux organization .
All this while keeping Electrolux values and priorities in check.
Reporting to: Senior Global Category Director- Metal Transformation
Experience and skills required
- 10+years of relevant experience in Capex and tooling management
- Experience in adjacent disciplines like lean manufacturing, waste reduction and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of process’s for end use (Slitting, blanking, painting, stamping, tooling)
- Self-starter who can work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to think and operate on a strategic level
- Ability to workin a dynamic, multicultural environment
- 25% - 50% domestic and international travel is required
Soft skills required
- Able to operate effectively in stressful situations
- Result driven and action oriented
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Team Player
- Strong communication skil
- Planning / Organizing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.