A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Supplier Tooling Engineer is responsible for developing & managing the Maintenance Work Plan for all Electrolux owned stamping tools, for suppliers in the assign area of North America. The responsibilities include managing suppliers in Performance and Delivery objectives.
- Develop/Maintain tooling maintenance program for the Electrolux Suppliers.
- Audit/Measure compliance of the supplier to the Maintenance Work Plan.
- Responsible for blueprint and tooling documentation, this includes keeping the drawings updated related to design changes.
- Review supplier tooling issues related to component quality and production requirements/capacity.
- Participate in the development of tooling specifications related to part design, producibility, production or quality issues.
- Work with suppliers on root cause analysis to prevent, correct and improve all aspects of the stamping process.
- Support R&D, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, and Purchasing with stamped part and tool design reviews.
- Analyze and interpret data to make engineering recommendations regarding performance or process improvements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology and/or equivalent experience with metal stamping tooling.
- 15 plus years of tooling experience (e.g. tool design, build and start up, plus repair and maintenance).
- This position will require 85-95% domestic travel.