Tooling Engineer - Metal Stamping
Ensure the implementation of best in class, standardized and optimized solutions for the industrialization of metal stamped and formed components for household appliances, with high attention to product Quality and manufacturing Cost.
Areas of competence: metal stamping tooling, metal stamping presses and related automation.
As part of the Common Core Technologies Team for North America, this is a position with transversal responsibilities, offering to the candidate the possibility of gaining experience across the different factories of the Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the regional reference person for implementation and industrialization of metal components, with the role of Project Leader.
- Supervise manufacturing part of product introduction process from concept design to production launch.
- Participation in manufacturing engineering projects within Electrolux Plants.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of New Products in the area of competence, identifying part criticalities, and interpreting results of manufacturability simulations.
- Perform cost calculations for the production of metal parts.
- Analyse productive capacity of metal stamping inside the factories and identify areas for efficiency improvement
- Prepare technical specifications for tooling, including safety and environmental requirements.
- Perform Business Case Analysis and Investment Requests.
- Be the interface with equipment manufacturers and technical purchasing (CAPEX) during the complete acquisition and development process of new tooling and equipment.
- Prepare required documentation for supplier tender and Sourcing Board decision.
- Supervise tooling and equipment installation in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance.
- Propose technological innovations in the fields of competence.
- Preferred: Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in metal fabrication processes (metal stamping tooling design, acquisition, start up, etc.) Experience within metal fabrication processes will be considered a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Deep practical knowledge in metal forming tooling design and construction techniques.
- Deep knowledge of metal process ability and formability
- Knowledge of metal forming simulation tools will be considered a plus.
- Good command of CATIA software will be considered a plus.
- Willingness to travel within the Electrolux Major Appliances NA factories and internationally – up to 25%.
- Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mind set.
- Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality.
- Self-organized, able to share attention between short and long term goals.
- Friendly personality, open for cooperation with other people.
- Language: English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus