Tooling Supervisor - 1st shift - (T)
DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Tool Room Supervisor will leads and direct all operations within a specified department including but not limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material staging and flow, and increasing department productivity. This person will also be responsible for identifying employee issues and addressing and resolving them in a timely manner, reducing employee turnover and assuring department preparedness. The Tool Room Supervisor must lead by example and effectively communicate with employees at all levels both within and outside of the department.
- Ensure all safety goals are achieved.
- Ensure EMS Compliance, (5s, Problem Solving, etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate department quality goals and customer delivery requirements.
- Run the department in a cost-effective manner (proper manning, down time, scrap, etc.)
- Build positive employee morale by fostering an atmosphere of open communication with employees and providing constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements and seeking all available resources to support employees and resolve issues in a timely manner.(reduce turnover, improve absenteeism & tardiness).
- Treat all employees with respect. Praise in public and discipline in private.
- Achieve all environmental objectives.
- Must lead by example in attendance.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma or GED and 4-year apprenticeship approved by the state or 8 years documented experience in tool and die; Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Minimum 8 years documented previous supervisory experience in tool & die.
- Die set-up and troubleshooting.
- CNC machining.
- Die Design, AutoCad A Plus.
- Quotation and estimation of replacement components or entire dies.
- Ability to preplan jobs and execute the plan within time constraints.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software program preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Experience in leading a Tool Room team; Team building and employee motivation and effective communication required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing; ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand most of the shift to perform duties.