Toolmaker (2nd shift, 1:00pm-9:30pm)SPRINGFIELD
POSITION TITLE: Tool Maker
JOB CODE: 19-059
DEPARTMENT: Tool & Die
REPORTS TO: Leader - Tool & Die
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identify problems associated with tooling and perform the necessary repairs. Must have the skill set to run all tool room equipment including hand tools.in safe productive manner. When required fabricate and adjust a variety of fixtures, tooling, gauges and die transfers. Build temporary tooling for Press department and perform machining for Maintenance when their personal is not available. Reads and understands a variety of blueprints and tool designs. But comply with all LOTO procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• Eight (8) years experienced with documentation at the Tool & Die Trade, or 4 year State approved apprenticeship
• Requires use of precision measuring instruments
• Steel toe shoes required at employee’s expense.
• Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• Able to read and write.
• Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Able to stand for the majority of the shift.