Training Designer - Maternity leave contract
Mascot, New South Wales
Create content that excites and delights.
Reports To – National Sales Training and CRM Manager
To drive the training agenda by implementing a consistent and standardised approach to sales team and retail customer’s product training across Australia and New Zealand.
You will be responsible for the design and development of high quality, effective and flexible product training for both internal and external customers, across a number of platforms.
You will find innovative ways to deliver content, applying effective training methodologies, whilst taking into consideration budget, quality, relevance and timeliness.
A Typical Day
You will spend time researching and sourcing materials from multiple sources, working closely with stakeholders from category/marketing/product teams and Electrolux factories, locally and overseas. Representing the sales team throughout the product launch process you will be expected to attend category meetings and contribute with market insights that will assist with successful launches.
You will consolidate the information you’ve obtained, to ensure the development of effective and standardised training programs that are in line with business goals and will resonate with a sales-oriented target audience.
Once training has been developed, you will be involved in designing, planning, coordinating and scheduling training and training events nationally. Whilst delivering training isn’t a day-to-day function of this role, there will be opportunities for you to share your passion for our appliances with both internal and external customers throughout the year.
Training that is developed will be aligned with the national sales team’s quarterly objectives, the product launch calendar and as specified in the training teams KPIs.
You will develop demonstrations for Training account managers and the sales team to deliver in house and in store, by deep diving into products through your own testing and trials.
You will be involved in the research, creation and production of internal and trade facing training videos.
When training has been launched you will analyse and monitor the EHP CRM system, checking uptake and relevance of training content on CRM, via users.
You may generate reports to provide insights and trends, for example the number of face to face training sessions against focus materials. This will enable you to assess and drive the penetration and frequency of both.
By utilising internal data sources such as CRM and Cognos or through external research in the field, you will be called on to create competitive analysis to assist the sales team.
You will seek feedback from account managers on training, making changes to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
You will update the training library to ensure all training is clearly accessible, with accurate labelling around products/brands contained within modules, and ensuring superseded models are updated/removed.
Who You Are
· You can manage changing priorities with ease.
· Comfortable working with both Microsoft and Adobe software, you have a creative flare and take pride in how you communicate.
· You are curious by nature, inquisitive about things… taking things apart and putting them back together.
· Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
· You take pride in your materials, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
· You apply your training know how to coach and mentor the training team, accelerating the uptake of new information and looking at new ways of viewing old information.
· You are a healthy balance of innovation and pragmatism - nurturing big ideas and working to bring them to life in a practical and effective manner.
· With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being a self-starter.
· Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
· You see challenge as opportunity, utilising your problem solving skills to architect superior outcomes.
· Your take time to develop relationships across the business, building rapport and utilizing your interpersonal skills.
· You display excellent communication skills, in both your written and verbal communications.
· Customer oriented –You have a desire to identify and meet the needs of your customers (internal and external).
· You are agile, displaying the ability to run a number of projects simultaneously.
· You understand business drivers, apply this knowledge in your business dealings, understanding the needs of your stakeholders.
· You are energetic with an enthusiastic and positive approach.