Transportation Warehouse Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Distribution Center, the Transportation Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing, developing, and coaching a team of leaders while driving operational efficiency within the outbound and transportation functional areas of the RDC. The qualified candidate will be able to establish strong communications with their team through employee engagement, performance management, and process improvement. The Transportation Warehouse Manager will strive in a fast-paced environment, while driving strategic organizational goals.
- Manages the tactical operations as well as strategic function of the transportation and outbound department.
- Manages carrier relationships and the transportation budget.
- Collaborates with teammates to drive improvements in performance while analyzing key metrics.
- Creates efficiencies within the transportation function through timely implementation of programs and effective management of people and fleet.
- Leverages existing TMS technology to achieve maximum throughput with minimal cost.
- Discovers opportunities to improve routing operations, and improve business results.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment by promoting and managing safety policies and programs.
- Establishing positive relationships while creating open lines of communication with employees.
- Reviews and prepares any action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, adhering to an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- You may work off-shift and weekends and you may also be required to travel (less than 5%).
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year university—or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of operations and transportation management experience within logistics, distribution, or similar industry.
- Extensive experience leading warehouse operations such as transportation, picking, and shipping, within a high-volume distribution center.
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP systems, etc.).
- Experience with ERP, WMS and TMS systems.
- Familiarity with supply chain (T&W, lead-times, inventory, cost inputs, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience identifying development opportunities and leading change initiatives.
- Strong communicator, self-directed, motivated and goal oriented.