Unit Leader, Assembly
The Unit Leader, Assembly provides leadership and direction to an assigned team, focuses on daily continuous improvements and team processes, to deliver team Key Performance Indicators and drive employee engagement and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved
- Engages and develops team members through utilization of Skills matrix and coaching skills
- Creates a positive work environment, fostering open communication and dialogue
- Owns and develops JDS and Skills matrix
- Ensures effective performance evaluations, appropriate counseling measures and accurate and timely time card inputs
- Supports the Electrolux Management System and implements continuous improvement processes and cost savings
- Leads line balancing, time studies, SMED, problem solving and ensures labor map adherence
- Supports Autonomous maintenance
- Supports environmental initiatives
- Industrial technology degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in team building, employee engagement and development
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies
- Lead and participate in root cause analysis
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results-oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, and OEE systems.
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
- Prior experience in Material Flow, Welding, Enamel Stamping or Robotics is preferred.