Unit Leader - Assembly 2nd Shift
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Unit Leader provides leadership and direction to an assigned team. The Unit Leader focuses on daily continuous improvements and team processes, to deliver team Key Performance Indicators and drive employee engagement and development. Provides leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved
- Engages and develops team members through utilization of Skills matrix and coaching skills
- Creates a positive work environment, fostering open communication and dialogue
- Owns and develops JDS and Skills matrix
- Ensures effective performance evaluations, appropriate counseling measures and accurate and timely timecard inputs
- Supports the Electrolux Management System and implements continuous improvement processes and cost savings
- Leads line balancing, time studies, SMED, problem solving and ensures labor map adherence
- Supports Autonomous maintenance and environmental initiatives
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Industrial technology degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in team building, employee engagement and development
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies and experience in leading and participating in root cause analysis
- Experience in Microsoft Office with knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, and OEE systems.
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
- Prior experience in Material Flow, Welding, Enamel Stamping or Robotics is preferred