Unit Leader Service Parts
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Unit Leader will lead and direct all operations within a specified department including but not limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material staging and flow, increasing department productivity, and identifying employee issues. This person will address and resolve issues in a timely manner, reducing employee turnover, and assuring department preparedness.
- Ensure department runs in a cost-effective manner (proper staffing, line speed, scrap, etc.)
- Foster an atmosphere of open communication with employees and provide constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements.
- Seek all available resources to support employees and resolve issues in a timely manner.(reduce turnover, improve absenteeism & tardiness).
- Treat all employees with respect. Praise in public and discipline in private.
- Escalate any issue where PO’s are not acknowledged due to MOQ’s Leadtime
- Follow-up on all Past Due PO’s
- Work with the Quality department via NCMR’s to resolve quality/wrong part Issues.
- Coordinate effective improvement plans to insure efficiencies in material flow and customer satisfaction.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes or five years previous outside supervisory experience in a related field.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Math Level II.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software program preferred.
- Experience in team building and employee motivation and effective communication.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Have or able to obtain EMS Team Leader Training, EMS Change Agent and Green Gear.
- Certification within 6 to 9months of being in the Supervisor/Unit Leader position.