Unit Leader, Sub-Assembly (2nd shift)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will lead and direct all operations within a specified department including but not limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material staging and flow, increasing department productivity, You will work to identify employee issues and addresses and resolves them in a timely manner assuring department preparedness. Must lead by example and effectively communicate with employees at all levels both within and outside of the department and must lead by example in attendance.
- Provides leadership to ensure all safety goals are achieved (5S, sock drawer, housekeeping, etc.)
- Ensure all department quality goals are achieved and all customer delivery requirements are met
- Department runs in a cost-effective manner (proper manning, line speed, scrap, etc.)
- Positive employee morale by fostering an atmosphere of open communication with employees and providing constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements and seeking all available resources to support employees and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Expected to treat all employees with respect, praise in public and discipline in private to help to reduce turnover, improve absenteeism & tardiness.
- Environmental objectives are achieved
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Industrial technology degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports and well-versed in process improvement methodologies
- Lead and participate in root cause analysis and prior experience in Material Flow, Welding, Enamel Stamping or Robotics is preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office and knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, and OEE systems
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus