User Interface Designer
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The UI Designer will join the Digital Experience Design team, a cross-functional team of UX designers, visual designers and interaction designers, with responsibilities that span across many aspects of UI Design; including, but not limited to: information architecture, interaction, motion, usability, visual, sound, and prototyping.
- Participate in the creation of rapid prototypes to illustrate a function, service, or application, as it would appear after implementation.
- Support the creation of, or create, necessary documentation to support the design and development processes.
- Design full user interface solutions for a variety of products and cooperate with visual designers on final graphics/ art delivery
- Facilitate development and implementation of usability research, analysis methodology and tools related to each project and promote planning, implementation, and analysis of the assigned project regarding its requirement, functions, users.
- Facilitate internal workshops.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience designing complex consumer-facing digital products and experiences.
- Design degree with minimum of 1 year of relevant UI work experience (individuals without a design degree but a min. of 3 years of relevant UI design experience will be considered).
- High level of proficiency with digital design and prototyping tools within Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, etc.) and others.
- Strong portfolio showcasing experience across all phases of product development.
- Expertise in user-centered design process and user research techniques.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to run a design review, motivate your design decisions, and incorporate peer feedback.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience designing UIs for hardware (healthcare, automotive, consumer electronics, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with creating interactive prototypes preferred.