Vice President, Food Preservation Product Line, North America
The successful candidate will be the Food Preservation product leader within Electrolux Major Appliances. The incumbent will successfully lead the product line management and product line/business strategy for the category. The incumbent will be expected to take a strong leadership position to ensure that all North American Food Preservation product line plans are aligned with overall Group and NA business plans and achievement of financial/profitability objectives.
This role will align the category around creation of a Best-in-Class Consumer Experience by leveraging our strategic focus areas: Brand Taste, Care & Wellbeing, Innovation, Quality and Ownership Experience, and Star Products with Preferred Partners. The incumbent will drive product and feature development, generation planning, speed to market, low product cost, product quality, and operation efficiencies within the product line, making use of Group and external resources where applicable. Analyzes product performance, product competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develops pricing and channel strategies for assigned products based on this research and analysis. Works with marketing and sales teams to identify and implement appropriate market and sales strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development, launch, and management of Food Preservation products in Electrolux Major Appliance North America (EMA NA) sector including short and long term profitability
- Translate Experience Taste, Care, and Wellbeing into successful 3 to 5 year generation plans and category growth
- Ensure the Product Line has a competitive range with the right profitability in all segments, brands, channels, and markets
- Responsible for leadership of the Product Line Management and Research & Development teams
- Deliver Consumer Experience Innovation
- Consumer experience focus in innovation, design and marketing
- Best-in-class taste, care and wellbeing star product pipeline
- Lead in user interface/experience and connectivity
- 70% consumer preference and best-in-test strategy
- Focus on consumer quality experience
- Build and update a 3 to 5 year product roadmap based on consumer insight, customer requirements, competitor mapping, technology mapping, and sound business management principles
- Protect and foster Electrolux intellectual property, patent portfolio, and differentiated platform development
- Deliver the financial commitments on new products through the development and execution of robust commercialization plans
- Manage achievement of budget targets, including Capex
- Ensure quality improvement of product in market, below target launch of new product, and elimination of poor quality products in market
- Drive and collaborate with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing as needed to find innovative solutions, cost outs, and quality improvements
- Assist in the development and management of the annual business plan including monthly and quarterly P&L maintenance
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive technology breakthrough’s, implement new product development plans, and ensure that plans are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Establish sourced OEM product / platform strategy based on portfolio gaps and market opportunities
- Manage existing and evaluate new OEM opportunities to establish diverse supplier options
- Work across the organization to manage the product line’s long and short-term profitability, e.g.,
- Together with Sales, set the right market pricing and generally help drive the business forward while capitalizing on all opportunities for profitable growth within the channels. Ensure Accessary, Consumables, and Service opportunities are effective messaged and delivered to consumers.
- Together with Marketing, ensure the product value proposition is clearly articulated, the product range is marketed in the right way, and ensure consistent messaging and point of purchase material
- Together with Merchandising & Pricing teams to establish pricing strategy to maximize growth, profit and market penetration
Together with Quality, ensure Quality is designed in and that below average quality is managed out of our product portfolio
- Together with Supply Chain, define the right manufacturing footprint, help set long and short-term sales, inventory, and delivery plans, manage launches, and resolve bottleneck situations
- Together with Purchasing and Manufacturing, increase productivity and manage down cost by complexity management and design for manufacturing
- Together with Industrial Design, ensure the product range benefits are clearly expressed in the industrial design
- Together with primary development functions, ensure right focus on long-term technology development and that global resources are coordinated around prioritized development spending
- Mange the resources (people, equipment, and budget) allocated for Food Preservation products in line with the EMA NA Food Preservation Products strategy
- Identify, lead and develop talent, Teamship, and Product Line leadership in order to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals
- Foster a culture of Teamship with engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through collaboration feedback, development planning and performance management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management, sales or marketing leadership.
- Documented results in a consumer products environment.
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams.
- P&L, pricing/costing, sales, merchandising leadership experience preferred
- Flexibility in travel as regular travel abroad required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate & interact with people at all levels across the company as well as customers and external suppliers
- Demonstrated leadership both with direct reports and within a cross-matrix organization.
- Understanding of merchandising and brand management
- Budget preparation and organizing
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
- Product development, technology/manufacturing and consumer innovation experience/knowledge.
- Proven experience using Microsoft suite including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word and Excel.