Vice President Taste, BA APAC & MEA
The successful candidate will be the Taste product leader within Electrolux APAC&MEA.
Member of the regional and global business and product leadership teams, the incumbent will successfully lead the product line management, consumer experience and product line/business strategy for the Taste categories.
This role will align the category around creation of a Best-in-Class Consumer Experience by leveraging our strategic focus areas: Taste, Care & Wellbeing Innovation, Quality and Ownership Experience, and Star Products with Preferred Partners. The incumbent will drive product and feature development, generation planning, speed to market, low product cost, product quality, and operational efficiencies within the product line, making use of Electrolux Group and external resources where applicable. Analyses product performance, product competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develops pricing and channel strategies for assigned products based on this research and analysis. Works with BA and Sales Areas marketing and sales teams to identify and implement appropriate market and sales strategies.
Leading a team of senior professionals, VP Taste will be recognized as a strong people and business leader, delivering on the business agenda through their own empowered and mentored team.
This individual will take a strong leadership position to ensure that all APAC&MEA Taste product line plans are aligned with overall Group and APAC&MEA business plans and achievement of financial/profitability objectives.
What you will do
· Oversee development, launch, and management of Cooking and Refrigeration products in Business Area APAC&MEA (BA AP) including short- and long-term profitability
· Translate Experience Taste into successful 3 to 5 year generation plans and category growth
· Ensure the Product Lines have a competitive range with the right profitability in all segments, brands, channels, and markets
· Provide executive leadership to the Product Line Management and Research & Development teams
· Deliver Consumer Experience Innovation through
o Consumer experience focus in innovation, design and marketing
o Best-in-class taste star product pipeline
o Lead in user interface/experience and connectivity
o Consumer preference and best-in-test strategy
o Focus on consumer quality experience
· Build and update a 3 to 5 year product roadmap based on consumer insight, customer requirements, competitor mapping, technology mapping, and sound business management principles
· Ensure to protect and foster Electrolux intellectual property, patent portfolio, and differentiated platform development
· Overall responsibility to deliver the financial commitments on new products through the development and execution of robust commercialization plans
· Ensure achievement of budget targets, including Capex
· Drive team to improve quality of product in market, below target launch of new product, and elimination of poor-quality products in market
· Collaborate with other function like Purchasing and Operations as needed to drive innovative solutions, cost outs, and quality improvements
· Leadership accountability of the annual business plans including monthly and quarterly P&L maintenance
· Support cross-functional teams to drive technology breakthrough’s, implement new product development plans, and ensure that plans are delivered on-time and on-budget
· Collaborate and support the work across the organization to manage the product line’s long and short-term profitability, e.g.,
o Together with Sales, you will ensure the right market pricing and generally help drive the business forward while capitalizing on all opportunities for profitable growth within the channels.
o Together with Marketing, you will ensure the product value proposition is clearly articulated, the product range is marketed in the right way, and ensure consistent messaging and point of purchase material
o Establish pricing strategy to maximize growth, profit and market penetration
o Together with Quality, you will ensure Quality is designed in and that below average quality is managed out of our product portfolio
o Together with Supply Chain, you will define the right manufacturing footprint, help set long and short-term sales, inventory, and delivery plans, manage launches, and resolve bottleneck situations
o Together with Purchasing and Manufacturing, increase productivity and manage down cost by complexity management and design for manufacturing
o Together with Industrial Design, you will ensure the product range benefits are clearly expressed in the industrial design
o Together with primary development functions, you will ensure right focus on long-term technology development and that global resources are coordinated around prioritized development spending
· Responsible for oversight of the resources (people, equipment, and budget) allocated for Cooking and Refrigeration products in line with the category strategy
You will lead
· Lead, coach and develop own team of senior category and R&D leaders
· Identify, lead and grow further talent within own organization
· Lead with passion through creating and cascading vision, driving common goals alignment; and coaching through collaboration feedback, development planning and performance management
· Foster a culture of Teamship
· Collaborate closely with other members of the BA leadership
You will have
· True passion for products and consumer driven innovation
· Knowledge of APAC and MEA markets highly appreciated
· P&L, pricing/costing, sales leadership experience preferred
· Background in product management / sales / marketing / innovation preferred
· Sound balance of strategic / conceptual thinking and operational focus
· Experience managing diverse, multicultural and remote teams with track record of talent development
· Experience in working in matrix, complex environment with strong stakeholder and influencing skills
· Strong, trustworthy business and people leader & team-player – able to manage & influence positively diverse cross-functional teams across Asia Pacific & MEA and globally
· Capable to embrace and drive change (proven change management skills).
· Comfortable in a matrix organization, able to influence across different functions and across different levels within the organization