VP Major Appliance Sourcing
Purchasing & Sourcing
Hong Kong, China
About Global Sourcing Operations
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operations
(GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and
Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort,
Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care
and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions. With an
expected annual volume in excess of 20M units sourced, GSO has supported the
delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place
to maintain the growth trend.
Within the GSO structure, there is an opportunity for the key position of VP of Major Appliances Sourcing, to initiate and drive changes needed to ensure long and short term business objectives are achieved for the Group’s growth objectives.
role in the GSO management team, responsible for a team of senior leaders
in developing and implementing sourcing strategies for each of the Major
Appliances and Home Comfort product lines, as well as delivering Annual
Plans against defined metrics and priorities.
Working with the GSO Leadership, ensuring annual and long-term objectives and set with adequate plans for the future, including the development of Suppliers to meet Group requirements for Cost, Quality, Delivery Reliability, Product Development and improvement, Code of Conduct and Environmental Compliance.
- As part of the GSO Leadership, responsible for the development and implementation of the Strategic Sourcing vision for Finished Products, aligned with Stakeholders within Global Product Lines and Business Areas, as well as from the relevant Functional areas of R&D and Quality.
Responsible for the GSO interaction with the Global Product Line leadership teams, including annual priority and target setting, and follow up.
- Accountable for delivering Sourcing programs aligned to Global Product Line strategies, regular supply market reviews and sourcing strategy reviews, including providing leadership and direction to Sector Sourcing projects.
Ensure high level of supplier performance relative to Project Implementation, Quality and Demand Flow supporting the functional teams as required.
- Development & Maintenance of strategic relationships with key suppliers, and internal business and functional stakeholders.
- As part of the GSO Leadership, responsible for key Sourcing processes, including to secure and maintain contract structure and compliance, Inspire and follow-through the professional development of team
- Degree in Engineering or Business with a relevant technical equivalent.
- 10+ year experience in Purchasing, Operational Supplier management or equivalent. Proven track record in strategic supplier relationship management, and delivering clear value to the business, is a must.
- Strong working knowledge and experience within the areas of Quality systems, Demand Flow and Change Management. Working knowledge of placing and Sourcing contracts.
- Keeps the end consumers and customers in mind through an outside-in-perspective to deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Understands the value of Sourcing finished products within the broad scope of the business, including supporting the innovation needs and roadmap of Electrolux, and is able to recommend and deliver value creating solutions.
- Preferable knowledge of working within the white goods or consumer appliance industry.
- Strong character with outstanding interpersonal skills, able to collaborate seamlessly within a multi-national and cross-functional team. Ability to develop strong working relationships with Stakeholders and Supply Partners is core to the role.
- A highly capable leader, influencer and communicator. Skilled at interacting and aligning with people at all levels across the company as well as external suppliers, and dealing with cultural differences.
- Passionate about growth of business as well development of talents. Continuously improves to build core capabilities, managing and motivating a team, including direct reports, peers and external counterparts.
- Excellent leadership skills with high level of agility, able to work with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Ability to focus on desired outcomes while successfully managing and ambiguity and conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, can do attitude and drive completion of development projects is a pre-requisite in the role
- Prepared and able to work within a high paced and diverse, Global business environment.
- Exceptional commitment to the organization and results oriented.
- Excellent communicator in English is critical, ability to communicate in Chinese an advantage.
to travel extensively within China and Asia, with frequent international
long haul travel.