A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Warehouse Lead is a critical role within the Fairburn Warehouse
operation and is required to ensure the accurate and on-time receipt of inbound
loads and outbound customer shipments.
Responsibilities for this role include collaborating with all departments
within the facility, the Electrolux RDC Advocate Team, Electrolux Sourced
Deployment Team, International Transportation Team and Ryder Load Planners.
This position requires close communication with the operations team to ensure
compliance with quality standards, procedures, policies, deadlines, etc., and
helps in resolving any issues.
This position requires reacting to all management requirements with a sense of urgency to ensure high service levels. This role includes understanding the inventory layout within the facility, effective communication with inbound / outbound clamp operators and carriers for pick-up and drop-off schedules. This individual will also be responsible for the effective use of WMS for the generating of picklists, put away lists, load sheets and outbound BOLs.
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps achieving organizational goals.
- Provide leadership to staff by establishing clear expectations and acting as a role model and assist with planning, overseeing, and participating in the warehouse operations and activities, this includes operating clamp truck.
- Coordinates unloading and loading of inbound/outbound shipments, orderly stacking of product and picking/staging of outbound shipments in accordance with EMS expectations (safety, quality, and delivery).
- Direct efficient operation of the department and ensure procedures are documented and followed.
- Identify damaged and defective products and partner with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that it is accounted for and has proper resolution.
- Make recommendations to the Warehouse Supervisor on programs to improve warehouse operations focusing on Continuous Improvement and Quality initiatives.
- Act as the primary trainer to new hourly associates and temporary workers, as serving as Safety Captain.
- Assist with monitoring daily KPI’s, Quality Metrics and Productivity administration is completed accurately and on time.
- Observe and identify performance behaviors and coach operators based on Electrolux expectations.
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience of Shipping / Receiving responsibilities.
- Operational experience is preferred.
- Understanding of SAP.
- Experience working with variety of WMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure independently and as part of the team.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on results.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Creative problem solver, ready to take ownership of assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, Warehouse management systems, SAP, etc.
- Flexibility to work standard shifts as well as extended business hours depending on customer needs.