The Shipping Manager is responsible for all activities and staff related to product receipt, organization and distribution of internal & external order fulfillment, which includes, but is not limited to picking product and preparing for both domestic and international shipments, via company’s internal fleet or hired freight carriers. Manages and plans within the designated logistics policies, objectives, to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of Shipping Departmental resources to ensure accurate and efficient productivity, efficient utilization of storage space and equipment, proper protection of materials and company assets while maintaining safety.
- Must be able to interpret trend and volume-related data to effectively manage Departmental labor resources and forecasts in the Shipping Department.
- Achieves financial objectives by adhering to an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and training, tools, methodologies and reporting across NPOC Departments in a collaborative manner in relation to, inventory control, materials management, and related activities
- Work closely with Shipping Supervisor to create an environment of continuous improvement (Electrolux's Manufacturing System), Lean principles in all aspects of the warehouse and activities and contribute to the implementation of best practices
- 4-year degree in Business, Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related discipline is preferred.
- 10 plus years Management experience in a warehousing or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Prior Inventory Management experience
- Master’s Degree (preferred)