Washing Functionality Engineer
Porcia, Italy – permanent
Set the new standards for the greatest benefit within millions of homes.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
You will be at the centre of preparation and execution of laboratory activities related to the evaluation of washing machines/ washer-dryers performance, with special focus on the design and implementation of washing and drying cycles, supporting the development of new projects and ensuring the achievement of technical targets and compliance with appropriate standards.
Areas of competence: Functional Lab, Testing, Engineering, Thermodynamic, Data Analysis.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) within the Washing Technology Lab with different colleagues from all the different R&D labs.
We are looking for a laboratory engineer for the Washing Technology Laboratory, to take part of the development of new washing machine and washer-dryer products at global level for the Fabric Care R&D organization.
This individual, proactive and innovative by nature, with practical sense and operative attitude, will be in charge of the definition of the washing and drying cycles through performance testing at product level. Test plan definition based on analytic problem analysis and the corresponding execution according to related deadlines, including the proper data recording to prepare test reports to document activities.
Preferably, this person should have good knowledge of laboratory practice, and good overall electromechanical and thermodynamic knowledge
Your main tasks:
• Test plan definition according to target component/system and expected results. Definition of novel test practices upon need.
• Test execution on new components on dedicated test benches or on the application during all development stages, including setting up and testing preparation.
• Data analysis, test report preparation and release.
• Assembly and verification of prototypes of components, systems or appliances for lab testing.
• Understanding of product technical specifications; support the introduction of new technologies in cooperation with the relevant departments.
• Integration and coordination of inputs coming from other teams (e.g. Hydraulics, Mechanical, Software) to support appliance functionality development.
• Master’s or bachelor's degree in Thermodynamic, Electrical, Mechanical, controls Engineering or similar
• Experience: 3-5 years of experience as R&D lab engineer
• Analytical thinking - Medium/Advanced
• Laboratory testing design and execution - Medium/Advanced with at least basic knowledge for statistical approach on testing methodologies
• IT skills – Basic/Medium software programming, knowledge in MatLab and LabView is a plus
• Written and spoken English
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.