Weld Technician (6PM-6AM) SPRINGFIELD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate (start/stop) the Scott lines, Scott Cook Top line, Body side Fab line and Komatsu Fab Welders line (weld and press).
• Assist Maintenance in performing basic/routine diagnostic repairs on all plant equipment.
• Assist Tooling in the changing of, or troubleshooting of the equipment listed.
• Assist operators to troubleshoot machines, call maintenance to start the work order process on every call.
• Understand and troubleshoot basic electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and piping systems with a strong emphasis on mechanical.
• Must be able to read schematics and make necessary adjustments.
• Comply with safety regulations, PPE and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience required.
• Must have 3 years of mechanical experience or have acceptable scores on written and practical testing.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Must have own tools and tool box and operate tools safely. (will provide a list of tools needed.)
• Must be able to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.