Windows System Engineer (Pordenone OR Krakow)
Windows System Engineer
Location: Pordenone, Italy OR Krakow, Poland
The role is expected to:
• be a Windows System Engineer to manage and administer compute resources on prem and cloud in hybrid context. The position requires to stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, provides advice as to whether and/or when such technologies should be adopted by the organization, plans the adoption of assorted technologies, and ensures the proper integration of new technologies into existing systems and procedures.
The role is essential for the modernization of the Data Center services provided across Electrolux, aligning the delivery with other Data Centers residing in various Business areas. The role will be part of Cloud & Hosting leadership team, ensuring consistent delivery and development of services between cloud and on-prem solutions.
Key operational responsibilities :
As highly appreciated Windows System Engineer you are expected be accountable for:
• Build out and support VMWare ESXi and HyperV hosts and clusters
• Troubleshoot and support virtual and physical servers for hardware and performance issues
• Systems technical lead on the key initiative for solution evaluations through development, enhancements, reviews and pilots
• Delivery of new technology for enterprise systems of all sizes and complexity, defining the principles to determine technology decisions between the business user requirements and the system being designed
• Work with senior/lead system engineers to understand and implement IT infrastructure designs and rollouts within VMware ESXi and HyperV.
• Work with your global peers to develop a common product plan for the areas you are responsible for.
• Responsible for schedule, test and implement enhancements or new releases of the server OS.
• Design Cloud deployments based on customer requirements, best practices, and following patterns and practices developed in an agile environment.
• Automating Cloud tasks using PowerShell
• participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation
The candidate is expected to hold a university degree in IT and have at least 5 years previous experience System Administration experience on Virtualization platform, Windows OS plus 2 or more years experiences working in MS Azure and / or AWS in managing Compute resources in a hybrid cloud environment.
From you as a person we expect to actively be involved in following areas, including but not limited to:
• Solid understanding of general datacenter infrastructure and technologies for server equipment on Hybrid context
• Fundamental understanding of clustering concepts, storage, networking, backup solutions, patching and other virtualization technologies.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Active Directory and related components (DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP, Security) in large scale Enterprise solutions
• Advanced knowledge of infrastructure concepts, best practices and procedures of infrastructure technology implementations and support
• Experience designing and evaluating cloud application requirements and making recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning
• Experience with scripting and automation tools for cloud environments
• Experience supporting large enterprise environments and mature change management
• Ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members of the organization
• Mature sense of urgency, ownership and problem-solving attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to travel for training, conferences or business locations, participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot systems and incidents, organization skills to balance and prioritize work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Base Knowledge on SCCM & End Point Protection (SCEP Defender / Symantec)
Fluent in English and Local Language
Able to work and communicate with the business team in local language.