Wire Harness Expert
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you are going to be part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation. You will work to understand, change and create components, system design specifications, requirements and guidelines. You will identify and support standardization by ensuring that new developments fit into the platform and subsystem structure. You will use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve the design and development of product components. Relying on specialist knowledge and experience in one or more areas, you will provide input and active contribution to the development and execution of projects, solving complex problems, taking a new perspective using existing solutions and/or identifying innovative ones.
You will work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. Also, you will lead interaction with cross-functional teams, external bodies and contractors, act as a technical reference for one region and into a wider team internationally.
- Releases technical specifications (Component specification, design guideline, test manual, DFA/DFM, etc.
- Organizes and follows up activities relevant to the introduction of new parts, new suppliers, new technologies
- Manages / designs the library of harness modules, by using standard CAD Program (E3-Zuken, Catia, etc.
- Ensures that all requirements (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, environmental impact, safety, …) are considered during the development phase
- Controls cost and quality and Solves complex problems using existing solution
- Establishes strong networks inside and outside the Electrical Technology Organization
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirement
- May act as a facilitator and role model for less experienced colleague
WHO YOU ARE
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent based on a background in wiring design/development
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with deep knowledge of electrical components such as connectors, relays, switches, heaters, terminal systems etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles of wire harnesses with thorough knowledge of the wire harness production processes (automatic machines, IDC and crimping process details)
- Experienced professional, fully competent in Wire Harness design development area that has developed in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge/expertise in Wire Harness development area
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management, Lean principles/Kaizen and awareness of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- Experience in the appliance industry and knowledge of safety standards (UL858, IEC60730, IEC60335) is a strong plus
- EMI/EMC knowledge is a strong plus