Wire Harness Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Wire Harness Manager is part of the Global Electrical Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation. This role is a technical driver for Wire Harness Development activities, responsible for technical execution and reporting of the development status. You will drive and manage projects related to North America and keep control of the component specifications and catalogue in agreement with R&D management. You will also support standardization and modularization, leveraging from other business areas where possible. You will act as representative for the project development process related to the wire harness technology, enhancing cooperation and ensuring the link between departments and experts. You will lead a team of specialists/experts providing a tightly defined service, coordinating and integrating team activities to typically resolve defined issues and problems and act as an expert providing remote advice in complex cases. You will interface with all departments, vendors and customers at global level, within the scope of the position to achieve desired results on time and within cost constraints.
- Provides business and people leadership, mentors and grows direct reports and acts as a role model for teamship and global alignment
- Monitors, coordinates, and supervises the WH resources and ensures proper communication
- Foster teamship in problem solving, promotes knowledge transfer and defines resource allocation
- Accountable for team results, controls cost and quality
- Oversees compliance of components with both internal and external safety and environmental standards
- Develops a technical road map in cooperation with other technology departments as well as plans/drives/introduces innovative steps
- Coordinates communication between all departments, related WH specialist, ELTO quality manager
- Actively participates in meetings for quality improvement and interfaces with other R&D departments, Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
- 5+ years’ experience
- Strong knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development and design
- Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
- Basic knowledge of approval and environmental rules in North America and different countries
- Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas
- Experience as a team leader and/or a technical project leader (or PMP) with experience in Value management and
- Design for Assembling and Manufacturing a plus