Port Wentworth, Ga
Responsible for the movement and spotting of containers to facilitate the needs of the Warehouse in and out of dock and staging areas within the yard. Yard driver is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning. Responsible for off-loading trailers and sea containers, receive product into the warehouse. Ensure proper storage of product and loading of trailers/railcars with the correct product for each specific customer. Ensure all inventory transactions are done correctly and in a timely manner with the use of RFS and or computer. Must be able to operate lift- clamp equipment while following established safe work practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely operator tractors to switch empty and full containers to and from shipping and receiving dock and yard.
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs.
- Follow safe operating procedures at all times.
- Inspect containers for damage or unsafe alterations and report any findings to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Complete daily inspection of jockey truck noting any maintenance issues to management.
- High organization skills to maintain a neat and orderly lot to maximize efficiency.
- At least 5 years experience in forklift operation, computer systems
anddistribution warehouse activities.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Ability to integrate with all team members and be a team member.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience driving trailers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must be able to work in Warehouse in a Clamp Operator function during any downtime as directed by Warehouse Supervisor.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals/demands.
- Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer.
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Regularly sitting and operating a Powered Industrial Truck.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot and stand for extended periods of time.
- Good hand-eye-foot coordination and a strong sense of balance.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and environments, based on the season.
- Ability to assess weights and judge heights and distances.