A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to
keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what
life at home can be. Responsible for the movement and spotting of
containers to facilitate the needs of the Warehouse in and out of dock and
staging areas within the yard. Yard
driver is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand
inventory and positioning. Responsible for off-loading trailers and sea
containers, receive product into the warehouse. Ensure proper storage of
product and loading of trailers/railcars with the correct product for each
specific customer. Ensure all inventory transactions are done correctly and in
a timely manner with the use of RFS
and or computer. Must be able to operate lift- clamp equipment while following
established safe work practices.
- Safely operate tractors to switch empty and full containers to and from shipping and receiving dock and yard.
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs.
- Always follow safe operating procedures.
- Inspect containers for damage or unsafe alterations and report any findings to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Complete daily inspection of jockey truck noting any maintenance issues to management.
- High organization skills to maintain a neat and orderly lot to maximize efficiency.
- Experience in forklift operation, computer systems and distribution warehouse activities.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Ability to integrate with all team members and be a team member.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience driving, and spotting trailers preferred.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in Warehouse in a Clamp Operator function during any downtime as directed by Warehouse Supervisor.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
- Lift up to 50 + pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having a good sense of balance and good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.