Connectivity Firmware Developer
Make ideas come to life. Globally
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, Italy, only 1 hour distance from Venice reporting to Connectivity Software Manager.
As a Connectivity Firmware Developer you will be joining the R&D Global Technology Organisation in Porcia – the team of highly qualified engineers supporting development of new platforms and services globally and across categories.
Your role will be to design firmware for innovative embedded systems for connected consumer appliances with significant security requirements. You will be assigned to develop new products/modules/systems and improve currently used technologies and methods.
We offer you a role in a company that is going through a digital transformation and moving towards a consumer-focused organization. We believe that smart appliances will further enable us to deliver great customer experience and we hope that you would like to join our journey.
We believe you have a passion for delivering remarkable consumer experiences to succeed in this role. You are comfortable in sharing your innovative ideas with your colleagues, as well as working in an international environment.
Your main tasks:
• Develop software for RTOS based systems
• Debug and test
• Take care of documentation
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Experience as a firmware developer for RTOS systems as well as within open source projects, also for personal interests would or in projects using Wi-Fi, Ble, Zigbee would be a plus
• Knowledge in C/C++ language programming
• Python language programming, networking programming, cyber security as well as knowledge and experience on computer networks, networking and TCP/IP protocols is a plus
• Knowledge of SW tools like Jenkins, Jira and software development life cycle is a plus: coding standards and best practices, code reviews, source control management (Git), build processes (CI/CD), testing and release are a plus
• Approach of a tech savy, out-of the-box thinker and full of energy professional
• Tech-savvy, out of the box, creative thinking, and a personality bursting with energy
• Solid English language skills
“If you are passionate about innovation, poses C programming skills and enjoy a dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Team which on an everyday basis supports all Electrolux product lines with the best-in-class software. I assure you of a great and friendly atmosphere we all enjoy here.”
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.