At Electrolux we have a greater purpose than launching the latest product or technology. We want to improve the everyday lives of millions in a sustainable way. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already generating massive amounts of data in hundreds of systems across the globe from sales to sensors in factory robots or smart home appliances.
We are now looking for our next Data Modeler to strengthen our Data Science team even more.
What you will be doing:
• Work across the entire platform tech stack used in the Electrolux Global Data Platform.
• Create data assets and data models that serve multiple needs.
• Write maintainable, scalable and future proof code/technologies
• Identify and contribute to the best practices and design-patterns in the data related to data asset management.
• Work in established project management frameworks including Scrum (Agile/Kanban), Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.)
Who you are:
• Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
• Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
• Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
• Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
• Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
• Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Develop data models according to company standards.
• Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
• Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
• Comfortable with Linux/Bash and scripting.
• Good understanding of data structures and database technologies.
• Strong personal drive, fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic.
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a joint team.
• Passionate about big data and machine learning technology
• Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
• Be an expert in one or more datawarehouse / cube design principles
• Azure Databricks or Apache Spark.
• Experience of architecture/cloud solution design.
• M.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• Experience of using data ingestion/engineering tools (both code-based and drag and drop ETL, data wrangling, data quality, warehousing, etc.).
What we offer:
Electrolux offers an exciting and challenging job opportunity in an international environment, with a high degree of independence and entrepreneurship.
The Electrolux Group provides career opportunities within a global, fast moving, growing yet lean organization. This role will have several touch points within the company.
Who we are:
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
We have a top management team who are passionate about gender diversity and diversity in general. It’s integral to our Talent process, in how we grow talent. It’s embedded in our initiatives and we have strong metrics to track this. But it’s not just from the top. There is a network called Women at Electrolux operating in six major geographies that generates belief from the grassroots and keeps the topic top of mind. That combination is for us very powerful.
Contact person: Maria Redin