IoT Backend Developer
Turn ideas into reality. Globally.
Backend Developer– Consumer IoT-products
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Traditionally the appliance industry has been all about Hardware. Today, in the eye of IoT, voice assistants and autonomous systems, Software is increasingly entering the center stage to be married with hardware for a winning product. As such, Electrolux is strengthening the team with a backend developer with a passion for scalable solutions.
You will be part of a cross-functional product team based in Stockholm, working with Engineering, Design and Product management to drive the digital design within our global business sector Home Care & Small Domestic Appliances. We work with robotic vacuum cleaners, smart air purifiers, kitchen appliances and other types of data-driven IoT-products.
Our production API is the backbone for all our Software products which we deploy in worldwide markets. This is where we store data from appliances and users and build both generic and product-specific functionality. We develop our own user experiences as well as together with third-party developers. In this position, we are looking for a backend developer who understands how to create a great modular, scalable and extendable architecture that serves both generic and application-specific needs. We operate on Microsoft Azure and we combine using Azure services, open source components and building our own modules depending on what solves the problem with the least complexity at the time.
Electrolux is committed to attract, develop and enable a diverse team. Gender equality is a key focus.
• Analyzing needs together with product managers, UX, and other developers
• Participating in product design sessions with input on technical feasibility, scalability, extensibility, performance, and maintainability
• Designing and operating solutions using a suitable combination of Azure services, open source components and implementation in mostly C#/.Net.
• Participating in team activities including OKR’s, sprint planning, scrum stand-ups, demos and retros
• Taking an active part in team improvements in process, tools, technology, and communication
Required competence and experience
• > 3 years of experience in developing systems or products
• Master degree or another relevant skill set
• Previously worked with full-stack product centered teams
• Experiences of analytics instrumentation and analysis for micro service-based systems and cloud services
• Ability to contribute with complexity, risk and effort analysis in backlog creation and management
• Professional level English language
• Ideally, you come with previous experience from online business, IoT-products, API products, DevOps and/or Consumer products.
• Quick learner and energetic problem solver
• Enthusiastic about creating and improving ways of working
• Confident but without personal prestige
• Thriving on cooperation, getting things done and user feedback
Contact person: Åsa Stengård