IT Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent interpersonal skills for the Technical Support position. Technical Support Officers troubleshoot technical issues, provide timely customer feedback, and support the roll-out of new applications, among other duties.
Moreover, Technical Support Officers need to talk to customers directly, as well as create written documentation, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
A Typical Day
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback.
- Talking customers through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Replacing or repairing the necessary parts.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certification in Microsoft and Cisco is advantageous.
- Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication ability (both written and spoken)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders across functions
- Core Competencies
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions. You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilising diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
- Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
- Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
- Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
- Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
- Attend training that helps you to work safely