Lead of Data Assets
Lead of Data Assets
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The challenge - As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already generating massive amounts of data in hundreds of systems across the globe from sales to sensors in factory robots or smart home appliances. And with an explosion of IoT devices just around the corner, these data volumes are growing.
The team - The Electrolux Global Data Science team supports business functions across the entire company and helps them turning raw data into insights and actions. The team is a key enabler to support the company’s digital transformation. It is the center of excellence for data handling and advanced analytics and it is also responsible for the Electrolux global data platform.
The role – As our Lead of Data Assets you will make sure we deliver high quality data products for many other teams to consumer. They could be compiled of refined raw data from operational systems, third party vendors of data as well as the output from machine learning models. Hence enabling the business smart use of data through existing or newly developed applications. The data products will also democratize the understanding of our consumers behaviors, manufacturing efficiency, smart home services and more. The role is expected to be part of the data science team and to help drive common objectives of the unit.
What you will be doing:
• Have project manager skills in the development of data assets
• Be accountable to maintain a selected set of data products
• Being the team lead for the other members in the data asset team.
• Be part of talent supply process including recruitment.
• Have a passion for data and how to model it in the best way to make it accessible.
• Making sure we deliver data products with high quality including aspects data linage, data quality anomaly detection and business stakeholder signoff processes.
• Creating and democratizing the use of data assets and tools in the organization i.e. self-service delivery including meta data tagging of data in a data catalogue.
• Collaborating with IT and business leads to identify a coherent data strategy.
• Expanding team presence locally in the Business Areas around the world.
You are expected to hold a university degree in engineering or similar and have at least 5 years previous experience in Advanced Analytics, BI or other data related teams. Some hands-on experience in coding and analysis is meriting.
Other meriting aspects for the role include:
• ‘Translation’ between business, IT, Data Science in terms of requirements
• Strong leadership / people skills and ability
• Supporting in business-critical decisions i.e. holding a strong business acumen
• To prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Effective communication skills to provide updates to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
• Technical knowledge within the analytics domain
What we offer:
Electrolux offers an exciting and challenging job opportunity in an international environment, with a high degree of independence and entrepreneurship. The Electrolux Group provides career opportunities within a global, fast moving, growing yet lean organization. This role will have several touch points globally within the company.
At Electrolux, we have a top management team who are passionate about gender diversity and diversity in general. It’s integral to our Talent process, in how we grow talent. It’s embedded in our initiatives and we have strong metrics to track this. But it’s not just from the top. There is a network called Women at Electrolux operating in six major geographies that generates belief from the grassroots and keeps the topic top of mind. That combination is for us very powerful.
In terms of metrics, we have very clear targets. To get to the right rotation, the right successions, we have to take tangible steps. We push ourselves to find great talents female and male.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Contact person: Maria Redin