Logistics and Customs Specialist
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for managing shipments, reporting transportation metrics, identifying trends across global transportation methods and practices, providing visibility through projects and tools, ensuring that internal customer’s needs are met and that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
A typical day
- Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming shipment, document transactions, and day-to-day related activities in accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Participating in implementing the anticipated plans and programs as per the set goals to ensure internal work development and productivity increase.
- Participating in the development of the Customs Clearance Section's work plan and preparing work schedules and expediting workflow to improve the efficiency of the Customs Clearance Section.
- Following up with the operation department and Clients for the reception of a complete set of shipping documents for customs clearance purposes, and ensure its compliance with Egypt Customs regulations and exemption lists requirements.
- Coordinating and liaising with the Clearing Agents and prepare supporting documents required for clearance.
- Continuous internal communication with global sourcing managers/transportation teams
- Implementation of tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
- Analysis of transportation/freight spend and tie to the financial and cost control
- Drive data analysis and business case development for key projects & lead Logistics activities in project
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Primary contact for global affiliates in reference to the logistics process
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping on Oracle for ETA, ETD and Factory arrival
- Support standardization of transportation and freight processes across the Inbound SC processes.
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, Factory supply chain, material planning and finance controlling to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes in Logistics Cost and service.
- Support warehousing optimization and MHE in Containerization activities.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related filed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of customs & logistics experiences in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met
- A self-starter – working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
- Influential - can build a case that is sounds and people can buy into.
- Collaborative – You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Energetic – Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- Agile - You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- Results-driven - Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
- Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.