Mobile Test Engineer
Mobile Testing Engineer
Bring your energy and QA skills around consumer Mobile Apps for connected appliances
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be, by delivering new consumer experiences through mobile, voice and the other digital touchpoints.
As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already offering a portfolio of digital platforms allowing end-consumers to live a unique experience in interacting with smart home appliances in a variety of mobile-driven user journeys across cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home.
Such an offer is nowadays significantly growing in terms of volume, support to new product categories, and innovative use cases to be launched as part of the mobile digital agenda.
The life-cycle practices involved in creating, developing, launching and maintaining such mobile applications are requiring them to be managed as Products along with a process to ensure a solid level of functional and non-functional quality, so we are looking at mobile testing engineers to work as part of the Mobile and Connectivity Consumer Solutions team, a key enabler of the company’s digital agenda with regards to Consumer Mobile and IoT.
This position is based in our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
A typical day
You will work with internal mobile development team which creates, develops, launches and maintains Electrolux consumer-facing mobile applications interacting with the Electrolux Connectivity ecosystem, across iOS and Android platforms.
Your responsibilities will include leading the in-sprint mobile testing process for the Electrolux Europe connected apps, in order to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established technical quality requirements on the specific mobile products.
Some of your key responsibilities:
• Leading in-sprint mobile testing process for the Electrolux Europe connected apps,
- Manage development of test scripts, test conditions, input test data and expected results for one or more test plans, based on the features/user stories defined by the Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Lead the estimation of Testing user stories/tasks in Story Points during Sprint Planning.
- Execute test scripts, record defects, re-test after correction etc. with manual and automated frameworks.
- Reporting and tracking of defects.
- Work with the developers in the team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Participate in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the test team) to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Collaboration with Electrolux business/technical stakeholders and external partners for the range of testing activities of the connected mobile apps (R&D lab testing, field testing, etc.).
• Contribution in the implementation of an automated mobile testing capability in the team.
• Use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and collaboration tooling to manage the mobile testing activities (Jira, Confluence, Hiptest, etc.).
• Close cooperation with members of the team (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Developers, Designers).
Who you are
• Proactive - You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. You’re not just solving the tasks, you always think ahead and identifying operational issues and drive resolution.
• Results oriented - You are strong customer focused and have ability to develop and sustain a network with cross-functional teams.
• Task oriented - You have solid project management skills, with the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priority.
• Communicative - You are excellent in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
• Flexible - You adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and adjust plans on-the-fly.
• Self-motivated - You are driven to succeed and focused on understanding Mobile and IoT functional aspects in mobile application features and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
• Focused - You appreciate and understand process and the project goals and have the ability to work and deliver for several projects with tight deadlines. You also need the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Education & experience
• A minimum of 1-2 years experience in mobile testing with iOS and Android mobile platforms.
• Mobile testing management and collaboration tools:
- Hiptest (or similar)
• Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
• Understanding of Lean-Agile principles and have work experience from Scrum practices.
• Excellent English knowledge, written and spoken
• Willingness to work in a high pressure and delivery oriented team.
Contact person: Alexandra Rickle